Friday, March 23, 2018

Sound Dilema

Happy Friday y'all!


Today is the start of my spring break!
Before I go on my short vacation I want to speak to you guys about our little dilemma with incorporating sound into our film opening.

My partner and I are both at a crossroads about whether to include a song in our film opening or just atmospheric noise. 

My partner as you know her, Taylor Wolf, is interested in including a song into the opening. Im not opposed to the idea, but obtaining the copy rights for a specific song will be hard. Choosing the song that fits perfectly with our creation will also be a challenge, but i’m up for it if thats what we decide! 

I proposed that we included atmospheric noises and included foley sounds into our production. Taylor thought this idea was great and wouldn’t mind going this route either but she still wanted to include a song someway.

I asked my peers their thoughts and advice and I got a mix of responses. Some people thought adding the song would be a good choice and could further convey a "morning routine" well. Others favored the option for no music but atmospheric noises and foley sounds. This was only because to them, a song would take away from the opening itself and its purpose.


The decision hasn’t put a lot of pressure on me but it’s definitely made me quite uneasy since we are starting to film next week.


My partner and I are going to make the decision before we start filming, so i promise to let you know what we decide!

Thanks for reading!

More to come,

Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thats all folks!

Here it is!! The moment you all have been waiting for..... Our film opening!!!!! : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q9s0Iexx6OIQQ8WD...