Friday, March 16, 2018

Advice, tips and help from my peers!


Hellooooo people of the Internet!
Its Friday :D





happy will smith GIF


Today we met in groups, in our class, to talk about our ideas and give each other help in any areas of our project. I received a lot of tips, alternate ideas and advice on me and my partner, Taylor Wolf's set idea/storyboard. In my group was Sofia J, Connor, Sebastian, and Coral C. They were a great set of hands when I was unsure of something and needed assistance.

Me and my partner were stuck and debating on whether to include a few things into our film opening.  Examples of these are inserting a scene where our main character would be sharpening a knife before slicing a banana. Another would be to include a door that looked out of place and make this known to the audience. After discussing these with the group, they told me to keep the scene with the sharpening of the knife to include emphasis on it and slow down the action itself. If I were to do this, it would add emphasis to his intricate personality and allude to possible past actions. The group also thought the idea of the door was necessary to further convey to the audience of his past actions (kidnapping the child).

Other ideas that I didn't mention in the paragraph above but are extremely relevant:
- To convey the out of place door/introduce it, Sofia said to do this using a Dolly shot. I thought her idea was a perfect and interesting way to foreshadow the importance of the door.
- To emphasize that this man had kidnapped this child, Connor suggested that at the end of our opening to include a child's voice saying: "Help me.." I thought Connors idea was GREAT and would immensely help the portrayal of the trapped child and add to the overall mood of the opening.

Me and my partner are also going to include foley sounds into our production and might put a song in the background. We definitely are going to include atmospheric sound but are deliberating about that song to be included.

This project is important to me and Im VERY excited to start filming it! Our idea finally is whole and we have so many cool angles, shots, movement, and techniques going into our film opening to convey our idea.

Thank you for reading and Im also eager to show you guys the finalized storyboard!!!

More to come,

L8R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thats all folks!

Here it is!! The moment you all have been waiting for..... Our film opening!!!!! : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q9s0Iexx6OIQQ8WD...